Breathing and Yoga Exercises
Breathing and Yoga exercises are refreshing and helpful to our health in many ways. They are useful for many things, including:
- Strengthen the lungs, the joints, and internal organs
- Improve blood circulation and flow of Life Energy (Ki or chi)
- Provide a balance of strength and flexibility in spine, limbs, and whole body
- Help get over depression, pain, and fatigue
- Affect the endocrine glands, thyroid function, muscular and nervous system, and the digestive system
Overall, regular practice of Pranayama (breathing exercises) and Asanas (postures and stretches) help create a balance between our spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical life.
Breathing and Yoga exercise is so beneficial to our health and fitness. Along with brushing our teeth, eating, and sleeping, exercising should be a part of our daily routines. Let’s not forget the benefit of a nice brisk walk of 20 to 30 minutes a day!